Saturday, March 7, 2015

The Family Finder Results are In!

Received my FamilyTreeDNA Family Finder results! It provides an ethnic background working off all my ancestors in the last four generations, and it provides contact information for people who have connections to me who want to be contacted. Some of those connections have posted their genealogy, and I've been able to find common ancestors.
I was not surprised to learn I'm 97 percent European: the breakdown surprised me! I'm 54% British Isles and 43% Scandinavian! Vikings, good grief. Didn't see that one coming.
And the other overall 3%? Middle Eastern, specifically Asia Minor, the area including Turkey. So, and this is Not Good Genealogical Practice (NGGP) , I'm claiming descent from the princes of Troy and demanding to be referred to as "Prince" or "Your Majesty" around the house. I'll let you know how that works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment